vintage alaskan hauler

Started by · 4 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    said 3 years, 1 month ago:

i only had the chance to build one of these as a kid around 1979 or 80 then never seen a kit in the hobby stores since looked on ebay but cant justify paying the price, got this kit last summer from a good friend date on instruction sheet 4/77, ive changed a few things : lengthened frame and fuel tanks , added passenger side battery box , rear fenders, i need to repaint hood and side panels i wasnt paying attention when i masked it off to paint

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

What a great entry, Scott @scomck!
    Love your scratchbuilds!
    Turns my apetite on for tackling an automotive myself, but Out Of the Box - OOB, of course! (maybe my 1/24 Tamiya new beetle?).
    Looking forward to your next steps.

• Profile Photo
    said 3 years ago:

spiros thanks so much, dont let your creativity stop you from tackling something , cheers buddy happy building i wont be able to show any updates for a month or so im in the process of moving once i get my model room set back up will gladly post progress pics stay safe take care

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Looking forward to you getting through the move and re-starting in a new mancave Scott. I will be checking in on progress along with Spiros 🙂