WIP - Space Aircraft Carrier

Started by Anthony Ricco · 21 · 2 years ago · Bandai, carrier, Scifi, Space, spaceship
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Hi all - here is my progress on the Space Aircraft carrier from Bandai

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Wow! This is really amazing entry, my friend @anthonyricco! Love the subject!
    And good progress already!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros I love these Space Battleship Yamato series (Star Blazers in America). Really awesome ships.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Great group build and you started with a very nice entry, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Looking forward to the progress of this one.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John @johnb - hopefully some other entries make their way on here haha - you going to join?

• Profile Photo

@anthonyricco, since Sci-Fi is not really my thing, I don't have anything in stash.
    But I will keep my eyes open for some interesting kit to enter this group build.

• Profile Photo

Haha @johnb - no worries, I don't think it'll be a massive group - I didn't think you'd have anything, I was messing around.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Cool looking kit. From the box art with the flight deck just above the main engine exhaust, hopefully no nuggets end up with a ramp strike, instant vaporization… YIKES… LOL

• Profile Photo

@fuzzmann hahaha - yeah please now - maybe I should put some dings and soot from a nugget strike haha.

• Profile Photo

Latest update - runways were masked and painted. Then onto the main painting - I've personally never been a fan of the panel preshading method on airplanes, don't get me wrong some look fantastic with it - but a lot of the time it looks like a chess board. I have however been telling myself I must try it out and see why so many like it, and I must say - I think it worked really well on this space carrier.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Painting with preshading looks great, my friend @anthonyricco!

• Profile Photo

Nice painting results, Anthony @anthonyricco

• Profile Photo

THANKS @fiveten and @johnb

• Profile Photo

The Aircraft carrier continues - it is now assembled. I wanted to try something different on this. I'm generally not a fan of preshading panel lines on aircraft in my own builds but as it is a tried and true and well used technique I've always wanted to try it out. So here I did that. I think it works out quite well - I toned it down so it looked realistic on the scale model and now I'm busy with some weathering with oils to make this old carrier look nice and battle hardened.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking great, nicely weathered, my friend @anthonyricco!