1/35,38cm RW 61 auf Sturmmorser Tiger

Started by jim wasley · 12 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    jim wasley said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Louis I hope this will be O.K. for the cat build the,Tiger is said to be the biggest cat.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 10 months ago:

This one is just fine, and a nice choice too. Funny thing is that I was just looking at my Tamiya "Jagdtiger" built on the Henschel King Tiger chassis. I may just have to take another look at it... 😉
    Thanks for starting this one Jim.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 10 months ago:

That's different Jim.

• Profile Photo

Just a little up date.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Very Nice ! I like the extra bits you added………………….. Looks great ! Thanks for starting this one my friend.

• Profile Photo

I just re - posted these pictures for Jim, (and my comments) from his second posting on this build, as he requested.

So the statement "Just a little update" is actually Jim's, as are these photos.

Thanks for watching.

• Profile Photo

Some more updates on the build, have finished interior,just added some personal gear such as maps,helmet,bombs,his stg44 rifle and finished off the bolts along the inside of tank,it is ready for shut down now waiting for the first coat of colour,I have done some damage on the outside of this tank as a lot of this tanks fighting was in the small towns around France,most of the tanks I have seen on line have some damage to the guards or all the guards are missing,I do want to have a tank that has seen a lot of service.Thanks.Added the wheels and tracks,these tracks are small and they do not click in so it was time consuming putting them in place,they do give you the strips for the top and bottom,its getting the single tracks round the sprockets and getting the right sag,glad this part is over with,but as you can see my eyes are so sore and I had more tracks stuck to my fingers than on the model,next images should be of the finish tank Hoo Rah

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 10 months ago:

What a brute! I wouldn't want to see one of these drawing a bead on my position. Shame you won't be able to see the interior, or not a lot of it. Impressive model, though. Looking forward to seeing the finished model.

• Profile Photo

Dressed now ready for weathering.Well my group build has finished,I hope it is worthy of all the fine work I have seen from this group,Cheers and thanks for letting me participate.

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Bernard,I wont glue the top down,so at anytime I can show the inside,but must say when my models go on the shelf thats the end of them.but they do weather nicely with dust and cobwebs on them.Cheers.

• Profile Photo
    jim wasley said 6 years, 9 months ago:

I will add some statistic for those who would like to know a little about this tank,It was nicknamed the city leveler,crew 5,weight 69 tons,length 20ft.6'',width 11.7ft,height 9.4ft,speed 24.9mph,range 74.6 miles, weighed 829lb,19 vehicles were produced between 43 to 45,engine was maybach V12 water cooled.carried 14 shells.loaded by a small crane on the back,shells could puncture 8ft2'' of reinforced concrete.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 9 months ago:

This one turned out very nicely ! I especially like the last photo with the man crawling down the barrel...

Why don't you write a new article on it in the headlines section ? (If you would rather wait until the reveal in February next year that will work too).

Please post up any photos you think are relevant and include a link to this build article if you desire. The last bit of information on the specs and numbers built would be good information for the article too.

Thanks again for participating in this Group Build. Please fell free to start up another "Cat" themed project since there is no limit to the number of entries.