Grumman F 11A Tiger, Blue Angels, 1959 - 1968.

Started by Allan J Withers · 59 · 6 months ago · 1/72, Blue Angels, Grumman, Hasegawa, USN
  • Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks Louis,--------thanks Ferry, some of the silver on, Humbrol 191 enamel, just about to give it a protective coat of Future before removing the masking after it has dried, in a few days.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 5 months ago:

The F-11 has always been a good looking plane to me. In the Blue Angels colors it will be even more impressive... I'll be watching to see how it looks once the masking paper is removed. Moving right along Allan.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Thanks Louis, almost forgot the tail end ! pic1, now need to hand brush the inlets leading edges.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Now it's starting to look like what I remember when the "Blues" were practicing in Sanford all those years ago. Fantastic !

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis.

• Profile Photo

Silver bits all done, an overall coat of Future, decals next.

• Profile Photo

It should not be too much longer and this one is done. I'm anxiously awaiting the next photos showing the Blue Angels decals on. Fantastic job !

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis, I'm just waiting a bit for the Future to dry before the decals go on !

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Decals on, now to add the details, airbrush some more Future and attach the undercarriage.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Looking fantastic in these colours Allan. Now on finals I think.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I agree with Ferry ...It should not be too long now and you will have another Cat done.

Now that's how I remember the Blues looking as a kid at the Sanford airport. I remember watching them practice when it was still called Sanford Naval Air Station. Your plane looks just like the real ones did.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Allan, 1967 at Pax Rivers annual air show. Also got to see a prototype OV-10. Shame didn't have a camera.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks Ferry,---------thanks Louis, I've just put some touch up paint on the wing and tail tips,----------thanks Bernard, the things you see when you don't have a camera !

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Gee that looks nice Allen.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Looking great!