Inventory of Previous RAF Builds

Started by Paul Barber · 90 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 years, 1 month ago:

You're welcome Paul. There's still more. How many Spitfires do you want? 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 1 month ago:

I can't begin to imagine the damage you could do to this list with Spitfires, Tom! I guess the less 'well-known' Mks would be a real boost to the group. I hadn't thought about it but I might publish a small wish list some time in late August if we are going well!

That said, and speaking of 'Supermarine', I'd like to put out a general call for an S5 or S6a that raced for the '27 or '29 Schneider Trophy, which would really fit the bill and fill a gap historically!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Paul I have this listed as 1931, in the Water wings GB ! S6b S1595.

• Profile Photo

So close to a 20s build! Your fantastic s6b won in '31. I looked at your post - it is a beauty!

I remember (dimly) that there was some controversy over the funding in '31 - was this still flown under the name of the RAF 'High Speed Flight'? If so I'd love to have it in the inventory as a non-combat plane!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Tom, Bravo!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

The Smer kit is the old Merit (Potters Bar, UK) kit from the Sixties. It was all there was at the time in 1/48th, and I was glad to have one.

• Profile Photo

The nice thing is, SMER re-released it 20 years ago or so with good decals - and at a price about the price of a good sheet of decals, which allows the better kit to be made better.

• Profile Photo

I'll hold off on Spitfires then. Famous guys, obscure marks, my specialty! 🙂

• Profile Photo

Previous build: RAF 1950s-60s

Airfix 1/48 Javelin. Decals from Extradecal.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Tom, I am very much a Londoner - which means where I come from 'to do some damage' is a collaquiallism meaning to 'have a significant impact' - usually in a good way! - so please don't hold off on any Spits you want to add! People on here (myself included) are positively waiting for you to 'do some more damage' to the list (should you wish, of course)! And anyway, between the 2 inventories we are only 5 away from 100 builds...

• Profile Photo

Your wish is my command Paul. I'll put some up on breaks from the "day gig." (that I am currently working very hard on)

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Paul, I just had a look at Wiki' and it seems it was flown by the RAF !

• Profile Photo

Tom, thank you again!

Allan - with your permission I will add her to the inventory!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Previous builds: RAF 1930s-40s
    Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop 601 SQ

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Previous Builds: RAF 1930s-40s
    Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk.I 610SQ