Second helping...Airfix Boulton-Paul Defiant Mk.I

Started by Frederick J Seitz III · 8 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 5 years, 11 months ago:

Have not gotten as much done on her as yet, but I feel the need to sniff glue, so tonight should have some progress

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 11 months ago:

A lovely start on this one too, Frederick! I guess our hobby is among those where sniffing glue is legitimised! Great to see you up and running!

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 5 years, 9 months ago:

Hello All,
    More progress on the Defiant. Also another good kit by the seemingly resurgent Airfix. Not as well done as the Hurricane, but a nice little kit, just the same.
    I managed to get the cockpit installed, wings and tail planes, and completed the "Business End" of the aircraft. Just a couple more things to clean up, and I'll be throwing paint at her as well!

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 years, 9 months ago:

I still have to paint my turret on the outside. Yours turned out very well. I ended up getting a set of Barracuda Cast resin main wheels. My kit parts had a nasty sink mark right in the center of the wheel hub. Other than that, this BP has been a joy to build so far. I'll be spraying mine as soon as I get a few more Mk 1 Spitfires ready for the spray shop. I'm planning on making a day of spraying the BP Defiant, two early Hurricanes and three Mk 1 Spits. (not to mention 4 calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree) 🙂

I'm watching the progress ... Looks great my friend.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 8 months ago:

Looking great, Fred - that turret looks like a build in itself! The interior looks very impressive! Really pleased to see a variety of BPDs turning up on the RAF100 group - a plane that certainly took some bravery to operate, from both crew members!

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Finally Finished!
    Airfix 1:48 Scale Boulton-Paul Defiant.
    No 264 Squadron Martlesham-Heath, England, Sept, 1940.

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Lookin' good Freddie!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 7 months ago:

Another outstanding contribution - and important both sides of the pond to have RAF Martlesham Heath represented. From the RFC, to a testing site for decades of RAF aircraft, a key role in the Battle of Britain; and a home to the USAAF in England it was a hub of RAF activity!

This brilliant build does it complete justice - thanks again Frederick - beautiful builds.