Torpedo Bomber - Airfix 1/72 Nakajima B5N2 Kate

Started by David Mills · 6 · 7 years ago · Kate, Midway
  • Profile Photo
    David Mills said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks to Louis Gardner for setting this one up my entry for this GB is the Airfix Kate.
    No decision yet on unit or colour scheme but I do like the look of the pale grey topside and green mottle!
    Great work everyone

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Welcome aboard my friend ! (Nice choice too I might add...)

Thanks for deciding to take the plunge and join us on our little endeavor. Please keep us posted with the progress, and remember to have some fun with it.

Take care buddy.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis it might be a while before I post an update but for the meantime I have managed to get around windows 10 and post a picture!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for posting the picture. I'm not the greatest at computers... so I feel your pain. Looks like a great place to start !

• Profile Photo

O.K so here we go - Japanese schemes for Kate seem to be the matter for much conjecture - perhaps because few or none of them actually survived but here is one from Akagi which I am going to use.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

That will work ! Looks like it has the same markings as the plane on the box art.

Check out this link.

http://www.j-aircraft.com/

There is a lot of info there. It may also help with some of your "Kate" color questions.