Big wing RB.57F

Started by John Sheehan · 12 · 5 years ago · 1/48 Big wing kit bash
  • Profile Photo
    John Sheehan said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Hi All this my first post, I wasn't too sure where to put it as it's based on the 1/48 scale Airfix B.57 kit but like the real aeroplane it contains a lot of new parts, thanks for looking
    John

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 5 years, 1 month ago:

That's an outstanding job...I like it! And welcome to the site (I think you'll enjoy it here).

• Profile Photo

Thanks Craig, it was a fun build, I'm glad that's the last of the big wing Canberra's I need to build though.
    There is a full WIP n my site here if you're interested in how I got there.
    https://ipmscanberrasig.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13486037-big-ideas-about-a-big-wing-
    John

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 1 month ago:

An impressive build!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Hi John, just had a look at your blog - just fantastic!

I'd really encourage others to go look there too - this is something special!

Welcome to iM - I can't wait to see what's next!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 5 years, 1 month ago:

What a smart looking build. The Air Force pulled one out from the bone yard and rebuilt it for use in the middle east. Kind of neat that like the B-52 planes that are over 50's years old are still relevant. As this model is John. Looking forward to seeing more of your gifts and talents.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Robert!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Paul, and thanks for looking on my build, it was a bit of a challenge but fun!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Stephen, I know, it just goes to show what a good airplane it is, the 3 that NASA are flying look like they will be around for some time yet!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Great looking build John, and welcome aboard. Just FYI, posting any subject to the main area is standard protocol (that way we don't accidentally miss it!).

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Hello John, welcome onboard at iModeler. I think that completed models always deserve to be posted straight at the headlines. Feel free to try it next time...
    See the red [ADD NEW ARTICLE] button at the top of the front page at https://imodeler.com/

• Profile Photo

Hi Editor
    Thanks for the heads up, all done!
    John