1/72 Trumpter Wellington GR XIV

Started by Mark J Davies · 7 · 11 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Mark J Davies said 11 years, 5 months ago:

A lot of work this one, mainly in reducing the wing fabric effect and some nose are corrections.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Mark... My hat is off to those modelers who do complete interiors and then close them inside, something I can't bring myself to do. Fantastic build as well.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Mark
    Great work. I wonder how did you find the Trumpeter Wimpy? It seems to me that you did something with the wing surface texture, desn't look at all exaggerated like it is in the kit.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jack,
    Glad you liked it. I did the interio4r before I realised that the scheme I has selected to do had over-painted windows - Doh!
    Cheers,
    Mark

• Profile Photo

Hi Martin,
    Here's a link to my build article, overall the Trumpeter kit is a bit of mixed bag. I did quite a lot of filling to the wings etc, The image below shows from top to bottom my filled Trumpeter wing, original Trumpeter, MPM/Italeri, and Matchbox. (I tried to add the image but kept hahving the same problem - It uploaded OK and then changed to an earlier AFV image I uploaded yesterday - it only worked when I changed the image's file-name)

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/features/wellingtongrxiv72md_1.htm

Cheers,
    Mark

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 11 years, 5 months ago:

Excellent work here on this model. I've done the 1/48 Trumpy, and you have really accomplished a lot here in getting a more realistic-looking model.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Tom,

Glad you liked it. I plan to build an MPM one at some stage, and I think I may do my next Trumpeter one with Matchbox wings maybe.

Cheers,
    Mark