Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 Zeke - Ready for inspection

Started by Nikola Topalov · 4 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Nikola Topalov said 4 years, 4 months ago:

Hi guys,

I have finally finished my first 1/48 build, Tamiya's A6M2 Zeke, OOB. The kit was ok, old and did not have much detail, but it was cheap and that suited me because I wanted to experiment on it. As some of you out there know I tested my complementary pre-shading technique for the first time on this little guy (dark yellow primer followed by purple pre-shading before IJN Ash Gray base coat), as well as first time salt technique for color variation (slightly overdone in my opinion).

As I said, the kit is poor in detail and there were some fitting issues (canopy, landing gear and the cowling) but nothing that put me off.
    I also lost the small bit on the right aileron. Never to be seen again. 🙂

I am satisfied with the result. You be the judges.

Since there are many photos, maybe too many, the link to them is at: https://imgur.com/a/TygdhG8

Comments and criticism are much appreciated.

Thanks for looking guys!

Cheers,
    Nikola

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 4 months ago:

Nicola,
    I believe this is your first post here at iModeler, so welcome aboard!
    My suggestion is that you post a few photos of your Zeke in the Highlight section, where everybody can see at least the cover photo of the model. You can add the link in that post also.
    Your model looks very nice and it deserves to be there. Cheers

• Profile Photo
    Nikola Topalov said 4 years, 4 months ago:

Hi Pedro,
    Thank you very much for welcoming me! 🙂
    Also, thank you for the suggestion. Much appreciated. Unfortunately I have some issue uploading photos, as I have only managed to do it in my first post, a 1/72 F4U-1, and one on work in progress on this Zeke. My other attempts failed couple of times, especially 1/72 Spit Mk. 1, reporting error when I tried to post content with photos, leaving the post empty.
    A strange thing is that the same post with work in progress on the Zeke including exactly the same photos was successful in one topic group while not in the other.
    That is why this time I only posted the link.

Any clues as to why this might be a problem?

Cheers,
    Nikola

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 4 months ago:

That is odd, you say you can upload photos on this section but not in the highlights? I’ve had issues uploading before also, but not like this, generally speaking I could not create any post whatever section of iModeler I chose, but it lasted a short time and had something to do with my IOS phone somehow. Sorry if for not being helpful on this matter but the staff crew here are always helpful and I’m sure they can help you overcoming this problem