U-81 U-boat VIIc Revell 1/350

Started by Paul Barber · 23 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I am getting close to done on U-81.

I don't expect her to go viral in South Korea (!) but since I haven't done anything maritime before I will say I am not unhappy with where this has gone.

I think the next time I'll post will be the 'reveal' - still to go: propellers (brass versions in the post); rigging; a flag; the OOB stand and maybe some decals. Possibly some weathering on the railings too, but I am currently happy with the contrast they provide to the rest of the build.

I'd like to put in a bit of history and some more photographs - David, will the reveal simply be a new thread to post to?

• Profile Photo
    David A. Thomas said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I think the reveal will be something like that, Paul. I'll need to consult about the best way to do things. We have a couple of months and I'll make every effort for it to be right and give maximum exposure for all the labor done in it. Good show on the sub--we needed a boat!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Amazing work Paul ! Such details in a tiny boat... I'll be looking forward to the reveal for sure. You never know... it could go viral. 🙂

• Profile Photo

Thank you, gentlemen. Louis, I owe time on a couple of builds for YOTC and I'm about to get back to the BF109E7 trop. David, now I can focus on the Storch, however entertaining diversion this was!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Wow Paul, just wow comes to mind.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 4 months ago:

Hey Paul nice work on such a tiny kit, I've built the mine laying version of this kit.
    N

• Profile Photo

Cheers gents - very kind. Neil any pictures of the mine-layer?

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 6 years, 4 months ago:

I'll take a few and get them posted.
    N.