80th anniversary of Airlift for the Warsaw Uprising.

Started by capt. R · 83 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I started new Project. Kit is new reboxed Academy kit, but with very good set of masks, Cartograf Decals (but I will not use them), and very good price - 22 EUR. As Usual I suported front wheel. Also I blanked hole for ball turret under belly.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Interesting project, Bernard (@lis). I don't know anything about the allied support for the Polish Uprising, so this will be a fun history lesson.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Excellent entry, my friend @lis! The price for your kit was really cheap. Great progress already!

• Profile Photo

@gblair In Warsaw there is few monuments of South African and Australian crew members:

https://www.tracesofwar.com/sights/52055/Memorial-B-24-Liberator-KG-939-A-Able.htm

On this site You can find where planes from airlift was shoot down.

MAPA ZESTRZELEŃ
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks for the info, Bernard (@lis). The colors on the red and black map are quite striking, and really shows the number of planes shot down in a relatively small space. It looks like the masking and painting of the interior is proceeding nicely.

• Profile Photo

All interior bits including drop containers are in place. Clear parts fits quite good. I used lead to avoid tail sitting. I use five pieces of 10g, one 5g, and one 25g. Total 80g.

@gblair Between Krakow and Warsaw there were squadron of night fighters Ju88. Many liberators was shoot down after fight with night fighters. Looses was horrible, and few times commander of MTO Air Forces deny to proceed Airlift because of high looses. In Warsaw planes were shoot down by AA fire. In September also red army fireing AA fire.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Looking excellent, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Very interesting article, Bernard @lis
    Also some great work done on the interior.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months ago:

Few photos more. You can see localization of weight. In radio room there is 25g lead. Under floor 3x10+5g. In front wheel bay 20g. Today I closed fuselage. Some putty was required.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Excellent job, my friend @lis! Great fitting of the weight!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months ago:

Interior looks great, Bernard (@lis).

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

Looks great, Bernard @lis
    The weight should be sufficient.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months ago:

Today I m working with cockpit. Two RAF pilots was added. And now I mask clear parts. Cockpit is quite ascetic. Only decal with IP. In this build I didn’t find any PE parts for cockpit designed to Academy kit.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Great looking cockpit, my friend @lis! With the pilots added it will look nice and busy under the canopy.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

The pilots do add a lot to it, Bernard @lis