80th anniversary of Airlift for the Warsaw Uprising.

Started by capt. R · 83 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months, 1 week ago:

After all night painting correction I found that vertical stabilizer are not in line with wings. I’m so confused. I don’t know where I made mistake. I’m a little sleepy too😴

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I don think you made a mistake, Bernard @lis
    Maybe an issue with molds.

• Profile Photo

@johnb I hope It will be less visible... Time to choose painting. I bought special Kits-world letters and numbers decals to make my own painting. Roundels I have from from my spare box.

@gblair

@fiveten

I choose three Liberators:

Two from 31 SAAF squadron

EW105 "G" damaged by FlaK over Warsaw after dropping supply (two engines was destroyed) but safety belly landed in German occupied Warsaw Airfield Crew: "8 - POW, 1 MIA". Plane of aimer/navigator faimoust (later pastor) Bryan Dave Jones.

KG939 "A". Damaged by FlaK (two gunners KIA on board. One of members of crew destroyed by waist MG fire anti-aircraft searchlights) and made Air Drop with engines partly on fire. After that they turned to East to Red Army positions. After fact that three from four engines was stopped skipper give order to bail out. 2 pilot Robert G. Hamilton unfortunetly has bailed out too low and hit the ground (he bailed out as last). rest of crew bailed out safetly, and RTD via Odessa, with help of British Consul in Moscow.

EW 266 L. crew W/Cdr. Steele, Sgt. Holmes, F/O Edwards, F/S Richardson, Sgt. Perryer, Sgt. Heizby, F/S Davies. Very less informations. I suspect that they survived flights over Warsaw. Plane was withdrawn from service for reasons I could not find on August 30 or November 30, 1944. Plane was from flight A, from Australian 178 squadron.

What one will be best choose? Both of 31 squadron Liberators has own a commemorative plaque at the site of the crash.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

The (mis)alignment is not really obvious, my friend @lis. As for which scheme to choose, that's a tough choice!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

That's a good question which is difficult to answer, Bernard @lis
    All three aircraft and crew do have something special.

• Profile Photo

@gblair
    @fiveten
    Yea. I’m always thinking about if is good choose plane that crashed.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months ago:

All paintjob complete. Clearly visible in sun is new shade of OD FS34087

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Great results so far, my friend @lis! Nice OD shade!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

The OD shade looks impressive, Bernard @lis
    Progressing nicely.

• Profile Photo

Thank You @fiveten @johnb. Now time for decaling. Decals as letters, emblems etc was home printed because of be very rare on the market. I have small mistake with mission markings. My bombs from my spare box was a little bit to big I think.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Decals lok excellent, my friend @lis! Size difference on the mission markings is acceptable.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thank You!
    Now I set serial number by single letters. Always I’m worried about make it perfect in line.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Code numbers look great, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Decaling complete.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

The decalling came out really nice, Bernard @lis