B-17 - group build!

Started by capt. R · 741 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 4 months ago:

What a way to end the year! Great stuff John - now I shall spend the entire evening in excitement and anticipation to get a look at the superb plane with the masks off!

Happy new year to y'all

• Profile Photo

@airbum, thanks a lot, Erik. She should be ready in short notice. Being one of the biggest models I do have, although she will soon be succeeded by the DC6.

• Profile Photo

Started 2023 with removing the masks on the Fortress. More work than expected, especially the tail, ball and upper turret did contain a lot of small masks. Unfortunately some glue remained on the windows.

To remove the glue and polish the windows a bit, I used a toothstick together with some toothpaste. Most of it could be removed easily this way.

From the start I was always afraid about the looks of the nose cone. Now that all the masks are off, it is not as bad as I expected, but still not perfect.

This is how she looks currently, I will perform another inspection to detect imperfections and correct those. Although, even after the inspection, new imperfections will be found during the photoshoot. This wil need to wait till the daylight is good.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looks wonderful, my friend @johnb! Ourselves are the strictest judges, but your job is absolutely superb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros. Your comment is highly appreciated.