B-17 - group build!

Started by capt. R · 741 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Final coat of clear. Next step take of masks, and main gear assembly

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David Kight said 1 year, 8 months ago:

@GeorgeRBlairJr. Thanks for the accolades, George, Yann's turning out a Fantastic Fort himself...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

She looks really great, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo

Taking off masks takes me all evening. I'm not really like right window next 50 cal machine gun.. Edge is not sharp enaught. The mask apparently did not fit perfectly due to the bulging surface of the plane's fuselage in this place.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

To me the transparant parts and their frames look real nice, Bernard @lis
    You might try to sharpen the edge with a toothpick.

• Profile Photo

Ditto with our friend @johnb 's comments, my friend @lis!
    Transparencies look excellent and with a toothpick you might carefully even the slight discrepancy on the right window.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten I already tried with a toothpick yesterday, but the cellulose paint is quite hard, and I am afraid it will interfere because the top edge of the window has no distinct edge on which to clean. I have to think if the risk of edge cleaning is worthwhile considering that maybe the existing condition is acceptable. How do you think?

• Profile Photo

First, it looks very well acceptable "as is", my friend @lis. Since Mr Color is lacquer, maybe applying some very small amount of white spirit only at the area where excess paint is (with a cotton bud) - not at the clear unpainted part! - ...maybe it will soften the paint, so you might be able to VERY CAREFULLY remove the excess with a toothpick... very carefully!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten

@tcinla @fiveten @johnb @johnb @gblair @davekight After longer than usual construction, my flying fortress, Bahelor's Bride, is ready. It seems to me that the Airfix kit can be squeezed out of a very nice end result despite some problems during construction. Model built in the OOB system. Only the radiation line and crew straps from the Eduard set are added. I hope you will like the model. When I cool down, I'll do a photo session. I am now waiting for a display case to professionally display the model. Today, there is also a set of figures that are to make the presentation of the model in a display case more attractive.

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David Kight said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Outstanding Fortress, @Lis

• Profile Photo

Fantastic result, my friend @lis! I really enjoyed your build thread!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo

Excellent Fortress, Bernard @lis
    You really did an amazing job on this build.
    It was a true pleasure to follow your progress.
    Well done.

• Profile Photo

@davekight @fiveten @johnb Thank you for your kind words! Meanwhile, I unpacked yesterday's package with figurines on my diorama. Hope it will be a pleasant job.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The figures look superb, my friend @lis!