B-17 - group build!

Started by capt. R · 741 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hello John @johnb and Lis @lis , your Sperry ball turret is terrific compare to mine. I'm really struggling with this part. It's entirely my mistake, I applied to much glue which blurred the plexis and the fit is not correct. I was actually sanding it, just before posting this message. I'll try to post a picture of it when finished (if not a disaster).

By the way, I did not know where are the edge of the clear parts (I need to visit an optician, I'm becoming older every day...) and by googleing it I found that there are actually some variant of the Sperry turret, and the same applies for the Bendix. I think is good to know.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

@yann, Thanks, Yann. As a matter of fact, I'm struggling quite a bit with that turret as well. I will use Revell clear contact to fix both halves together and hope to not mess up the transparancy. There is an edge at both halves but not clear to me if it needs to be removed or not.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 6 months ago:

I used normal extra thin glue for better resilience and sand surface. In Hasegawa halves are unfortunetly made in that way that sema goes along circle window.

• Profile Photo

Engines are ready to assembly.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great preperation, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Engines look wonderful, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Model are ready to primer paitning. All parts that need to be masked was masked. Engines needs CA glue to stick it on engine gondolas. ALso I need to correct seam between left wing and fuselage.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Excellent job, my friend @lis! Great masking!

• Profile Photo

Nice mask work, Bernard @lis. Looking forward to see it painted.

• Profile Photo

rear machine guns was mounted. fit is very good. barrels could be moved up and down.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The rear turret looks great, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Nice progress on the tail turret, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo

Nice Job @lis, this fortress will turn out great! I'm astonish that the tail guns can be moved, it's definitely an Hasegawa kit .

• Profile Photo

Hello folks, here are the latest progress on the Belle:

I prepared the masking for the leading edge which will be painted in anthracite

And there is the result; for once I did not get any surpris while removing the tape:

Then I attack the engine parts, since my dumbness was present only the outboard engine cowls are fixed. Yes I painted up-side-down . Which makes the groove for the gas exhaust pipe in the wrong position. This problem has been resolved from yesterday and will be fixed this evening.

I added the plexis pn the Bendix top turret (still covered with masks, awaiting the final coat of matt varnish)

And eventually re-sand the Sperry ball turret and recoat it. The clear parts are really damaged but I have no idee how to get rid of this blurred effect

Next step will be to fixe the cowl on the engine No 2&3 and the to apply the KLIR coat in order to apply the decals.

Thanks for passing by.

4 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Nice progress @yann. Always nice to get yet another color added 🙂