B-24 H Academy 1:72

Started by capt. R · 266 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 1 month ago:

A good week ago I was able to buy a bargain like this set. I decided to take care of it right away and here are the first reports of my work. This is a limited set from the Zodiac series. Decals after the first tests and attempts to apply the IP panel in the cockpit, unfortunately I found them unfit due to old age (model from 1997). So I will use DK-Decals set. The model with shipping cost me about $ 42, which I consider a great price. Unfortunately, there is no perfectly matching set of masks, so I will have to improvise something.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Indeed a great bargain, Bernard @lis
    Really looking forward to this B24, for sure you will find your way with the masks.

• Profile Photo

I bought some extra aftermarket goods, but after time I found that PE IP pannel was too big. Unfortunetly IP decal was broken in to a lot of pieces. I try to paint it by hand but it looks terrible and I repaint it. Cockpit is very basic so figures increas final look.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Superb entry and a great bargain, my friend @lis! For sure you will overcome som slight mishaps, such as the IP decal disintegration.

• Profile Photo

Pilots do look great, Bernard @lis
    Pity the PE IP was too big, how about resizing it a bit, or does that also affect the gauges.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten On YT there are some vids about Academy kit, and guys they leave it in black, because it is so deeply hidden that it is invisible even through the glazing. IP pannel I will save for another Hasegawa kit.
    PS. Interior is basic but, there is deck for waist gunners.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Great to see another B-24. I will be following along Lis, @lis. So far, very nice!

• Profile Photo

The deck and machineguns do look very nice, Bernard @lis
    A good decision to leave the cockpit in black.

• Profile Photo

Main problem was to fit nose and fuselage section. Academy produced various types of B-24 nose typical for D, H, J, and M version. So They made it as separate part. I worried about this step but after I used extra thin quick set glue it worked.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great job so far and a good decision to leave the IP black, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

The nose fits perfectly fine, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Lis, @lis, looks like a good fit! Nice work.

• Profile Photo

Some bombs and bomb racks. Do You have any ideas why manual suggest only five 500 lbs bombs?

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Bombs and racks look great, my friend @lis! No clue for 500lb bombs manual suggestion.

• Profile Photo

In the kit there are eight bombs but manual suggest only 5.