B-24 H Academy 1:72

Started by capt. R · 266 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Found this in Wikipedia:

I can only speculate that, depending on the mission range, the bomb load could be altered, my friend @lis.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

The range as mentioned by Spiros @fiveten indeed but also the kind of target that had to be hit, could require different kind of bombs, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@fiveten @johnb so it's definitely about range. My Liberator is undoubtedly long range, so its payload is five 500 lb bombs.
    @luftwaffe-birdman Thank You! Work slowly going on.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great progress, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, Bernard @lis
    Modelling is not about speed, as long as you enjoy the progress, all is good.

• Profile Photo

Interior green and test fit of the front wheel of the main gear. This wheel has quite a strange mounting to the fuselage. assembly is by glue only. In the fuselage there is only an orophilized place in the landing gear that You have to glue with wheel. I think I need to use CA Glue.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Indeed a very strange way to mount this nosewheel, Bernard @lis
    Are you able to add some reinforcements to give it some strength.

• Profile Photo

I made my own masks on some clear parts that was different to ā€žDā€ version (I have Eduard masks for Liberator D). Last different part will be front turret, but I will mask it during fuselage build.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Nice masks, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo

@johnb I found mistake in manual. Clear parts no 83, 84, 87, 88 You have to montage outside! I'm shocked that on any internet forum no one paid attention to it and didn't write, and I was doing a really big interview before starting construction, in order to catch weak spots and errors in the instructions. These parts (83, 84) are clearly convex and are supposed to imitate (not very well) convex glazing. I found it on the box of the model, where there were pictures of its Academy mamufacture made. Many modellers glued this part inverted (and concave) in fuselage. What Do You think about it?

PS.

I am wondering how to strengthen the front wheel. Maybe a strip of the metal plate from the PE set, glued in the form of a clamp? Although if it's all glued joints, will it pass the test?

• Profile Photo

Luckily you discovered this mistake at an early stage, Bernard @lis
    You will now be able to mount it correctly.

• Profile Photo

Great progress and nice finding on the front windows, my friend @lis! Maybe reinforcing the front wheel strut by attaching a small styrene bit into the opening and secure the strut?
    Will practically be invisible.

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten yesterday I worked with bomb bay. It is quite simply interior, but I want to build it out of the box.

• Profile Photo

Looks nice even out of the box, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

I made styrene reinforcment of front wheel strut. I used quick set of Tamiya extra Thin glue.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.