B-24 Liberator (one or maybe even two?) - new project.

Started by capt. R · 161 · 1 week ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years ago:

Hello! have any of your colleagues come across the B-24 Italeri set? is it worth buying? It has interesting painting patterns.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years ago:

It’s a reissue of the tried and true Academy kit. It’s a nice model.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 11 months ago:

@j-healy
    John Healy I miss Your answer. Thank You for your opinion. I found that Eduard had reissue of this kit under his Brand too. Usually in high price.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 1 year, 11 months ago:

@lis, Eduard high price, yes, but you must consider the aftermarket additions that Eduard likely adds to their special boxing of other company's kits.

On the other hand, typically Italeri reboxes other's kits with improved decal selection and quality, though there are exceptions. Sometimes these kits will cost less than an old boxing of the same kit with extra decals, and other times they will come at a cost premium, considering sometimes their reboxings are much older, antiquated kits.

• Profile Photo
    Christopher C Tew said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Lis, in the original releases of the Academy B-24 series, the elevator hinge line was not correct by a significant amount - as memory serves, even though artfully sculpted, it was too far forward, but there was a panel line where the correct hinge line should have been. I don't know if this was ever corrected but it might be something you want to investigate.

• Profile Photo

@brummbaer thank you for your comments. I think I even want to build two Liberators. one asegawa and the other academy and compare. It would be very informative.

• Profile Photo

@pb_legend I found Italeri kit with polish markings from 1586 flight in price 47$ with free shipping. I think it will be interesting offer. I try to find Eduard repack Academy/minicraft kit, but I don't find them in any e-market. But I will be searching.

• Profile Photo

While waiting for the shipment needed to open a new project, I decided to paint the Airfix figures of the pilots. I thought to myself that you could supplement Liberator's copy with them. What do you think about it?

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Love how the figures turned out, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Looks really great, Lis @lis
    Very nice paintwork.

• Profile Photo

At last kit is on my desk.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

What a great arrival, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

You must have been very happy to receive this parcel.
    Looking forward to this unique scheme used on assembly ships

• Profile Photo

@johnb It will be unique scheme but in SAAF markings 🙂 I have two options from 31 SAAF squadron. I purchase decals from Perth in Australia 🙂

• Profile Photo

Love to see it finished in SAAF markings, Lis @lis