B-24 Liberator (one or maybe even two?) - new project.

Started by capt. R · 161 · 2 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Nice progress, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Interior looks great, @lis. Building a model of a B-24 is an exercise in dealing with complexity, so one step at a time, enjoy each step, and it will all be fine in the end.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 11 months ago:

@gblair Thank you for the words of support. I was only hand painted OOB cokpit with Airfix Spare Figures. Finally all fuselage parts was fitted togeather. Everything fitted fairly correctly, I just used a little bit of liquid putty on the left side of the fuselage. Lef and right panel of canopy was made as separate parts, but they fits quite good. The multitude of options in the model did not allow me to wait for the choice of painting and I had to make preliminary assumptions, for example, the location of the pitot pipes for a specific version, and the number of additional windows. I hope that the decal sets that are currently probably somewhere on the plane over the Indian Ocean or Africa will reach me safely. Let me tell you, I had a pretty bad spot because I forgot to glue the girders supporting the wings from the inside. Finally, I cut them into two and put them in the holes, and then glued them. Folding wings nasucho confirms that the operation was successful, which does not change the fact that scandalously forgot about this part .. Shame.

I was very scared of folding the fuselage, but I hope everything worked out. Now let's wait for the nose-to-body connection to dry.

In the end, I used 95 grams of lead to load the nose of the fuselage. A bomb barrier in the nose itself - 15g. in the radio operator's cabin and under the floor 80g. Hope it works.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

All looking great now, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Solid progress, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

@brummbaer @pb_legend @j-healy @fiveten @fiveten @johnb I apologize for the delays in the construction report. Unfortunately, I was sick for a few days, then I made up for some topics at work. I hope it will be OK and the work will progress gradually.

in brief:

1. I drilled superchargers

2. the motors have been prepared for assembly. Engine Gray engine block with silver detalis.

3. Wheels and wheels struts was painted in silver/rubber color.

4. The fuselage has been pre-assembled and primed black (grey preshadeing). I think that I will connect the wings to the fuselage only after polishing the surface for the final painting, or even for the convenience and better painting only in the final process.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

You might have had a short break, but you came back like a storm, my friend @lis! Great progress, all look good!

• Profile Photo

No need to apologize, Lis @lis
    Recovering from illness is much more important.
    The plastic will wait.
    As said by Spiros @fiveten, your come back is excellent, nice work on those tiny bits.

• Profile Photo

At last decals from hobby store from Australia are on my table. This set of decals has best markings for SAAF Liberator from 31 squadron.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Nice decals, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Very nice set, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

Wings are ready. Engines fits quite good. They need few drops of liquid putty. But sanding was very long proces to made surface smooth. I don't know why. Mabye I want perfect surface too much.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

It looks perfect from the picture, Lis @lis
    Nicely pre-shaded as well.

• Profile Photo

Looks great, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Impressive - even before it is finished it will have flown almost around the world! (cz decals from australia) That aside - very nice build!