B-24 Liberator (one or maybe even two?) - new project.

Started by capt. R · 161 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Love the weathering, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Some small bits yesterday done. And also final coat of gloss clear. I have (unfortunetly) some work before holidays and model goes slowly now.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Looks very nice, Bernard @lis
    When holidays approach there seems always extra work to be done.

• Profile Photo

Masks was taken off.

• Profile Photo

That's a beautiful canopy, my friend @lis

• Profile Photo

Very nice result on the canopy, Bernard @lis
    One of the nicest moments to remove those masks.

• Profile Photo

I have some problems with small Windows. White glue is to weak and when I take of masks some Windows pop out. Revell had better idea to stick Windows inside fuselage.

• Profile Photo

@lis, for transparant parts I use Revell contacta clear and till now have good experiences with it.

• Profile Photo

I used Cristal Klear microscale. Long time ago also Tamiya clear. But all of them are not too strong glue. Mabye Revell is option.

• Profile Photo

@luftwaffe-birdman @fiveten @gblair @johnb Liberator stand on his wheels. I was very emotional work to fit main landing gear, and small bits as antennas etc. During montage one engine broke of from wing and I need to glue it another time. I have few grey hair more.

• Profile Photo

Despite your adventures, the Liberator looks superb, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Although you have become more grey, the result looks great, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo

@luftwaffe-birdman @fiveten @gblair @johnb Today in the morning work was done. Yesterday in the night I need to sand stand under nose turret. It don't fit correctly in the fuselage, and not looks good. the rest of the turrets are rotatable for a more attractive look (here again Revell beats with the correctness and safety of the final assembly) . After sanding, repainting, and drying I montage nose turret, and also all props. I have sunny but windy day, so I take photos in a while, probably already in the ordered display case. As you can see, the model was photographed on a grass mat, which will then be in a display case. I have two more figures to paint to make the look more attractive. This time I was able to complete the long-planned, complete construction in OOB style. Only the figures of pilots from my stock have been added. I liked being able to see how much can be squeezed out of the Hasegawa brand set.

• Profile Photo

With all these jobs done, your Liberator gets better and better, my friend @lis!