De Havilland Mosquito PR. XVI operation Frantic VII

Started by capt. R · 136 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hello my friends! Last weekend I was promoted to the capitan rank and I a little chaned my nickname. I just start new project, last from Frantic build for couple of time. Kit looks pritty good but on very beginning I found missing G3 part. I’m upset. This mosquito was recon plane so a lot of holes for cameras need to be drilled. I used small set of PE belts.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Congratulations on your promotion, my friend @lis! Excellent entry, looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

A well deserved promotion, Bernard @lis
    Looks like an amazing kit, except for the missing part, hope you are able to scratch build that one.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 months, 1 week ago:

@fiveten
    not optimistic

Dear Sir
    Thank you for contacting us with your enquiry and we are sorry to hear that you have had an issue with your Airfix kit.

No comments for me…

Unfortunately, due to the age of the kit, we have not been able to locate the part that you have requested so I am sorry but on this occasion we are unable to be of assistance.

However provided your kit was purchased within the last 12 months and the parts were missing or damaged upon receipt, your place of purchase will be able to replace or refund the kit for you.

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Kind Regards

Airfix Spares Team
    @johnb
    I have no skills to scratch build... Try to find resin radio.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

That is a real pity, Bernard @lis
    I guess you are not able to return it to the hobby store.
    Hope you can find a resin radio as replacement.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

A pity that there's no replacement part, my friend @lis. Hope you work out a solution.

• Profile Photo

Work with cockpit. I set decal on IP pannel and next decal dissapired. I don’t know how. So I painted IP pannel by brush.

@johnb I checked kit after I recived parcell, but I missed that this part are missing. The edge of the unfilled plastic was so smooth that it looked like nothing was supposed to be there so I opened the plastic bags. Well, Airfix unfortunately has various mishaps on the corner. I think Academy has the least of them in my area.

@fiveten

PS. I purchase set of various resin radios. Mabye sth will be simillar.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Felix said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Ha! One of my favorite new kits from Airfix being built by captain R @lis! Taking a seat and watching!
    Sorry to read about missing parts - i have never had that problem.
    There’s actually not too many holes to be drilled and they’re marked well on the inside.
    Oh, the weathering in the cockpit looks great btw!

• Profile Photo
    Dan DeSilva said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Hey- I would be happy to scratch build you a radio if you sent me the dimensions of the box that fits in the location. give it to me in mm.
    I know your kit is 1/72, but I have 1/48 PR.XVI Mossie kits, so can use photos and the kit part to do a convincing job for you. No charge- I have had plenty modellers help me over the years, glad to help.
    The photo of the sprue looks like that one part out of the whole kit was short shot somehow!

• Profile Photo
    Dan DeSilva said 2 months, 1 week ago:

whoops just saw you already bought some resin radios. I will keep an eye on your build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

The interior looks impressive, Bernard @lis
    To me your painted IP looks better than what it would with a decal.

• Profile Photo

@fxrob Felix, unfortunately it happened to me several times that an Airfix kit was missing or broken. Usually, I can repair broken parts, but missing parts - oh well. I drilled four holes. Small ones 1,5mm has suspender to drill. Larger 3,2mm hole need to be drilled without any tools.Mabye I made wrong angel during drilling or sth like this. Finally I Putty and sand smooth hole with clear part, and polish by polish compound from Tamiya

@danfrombermuda it's very nice of you to want to help. As I wrote, I ordered a set of different radio stations, maybe something will fit, but if nothing fits, I will be happy to use your help.

@johnb Fuslege closed very well. Without any putty and CA Glue. I'm quite glad with effect. Sitll waiting for resin Radio.

@fiveten Nice fit gives fast progress 🙂

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

This is some nice progress, Bernard @lis
    All looking smooth.

• Profile Photo

I made one radio from two small resin radios. Painted an weathered.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.