Dolittle Ride B-25

Started by capt. R · 214 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

You did a fine job on the interior, Bernard @lis
    Ordnance does like nice as well.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Let’s pray… I’m not fan of CA glue so I started with extra thin. Part over instrument panel probably will need CA glue.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Looking great so far, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Sometimes I have the feeling that I am somehow handicapped in reading the instructions. I checked three times that the bombs were glued to the bomb bay before gluing the fuselage, and of course I forgot to do it and I was struggling to paste them into the assembled bomb bay. I Used Tamiya Clear to fit them into bomb bay. Using tweezers and toothpicks, I was able to arrange them properly in the interior. The bomb bay is small, and believe me, you had to stretch out. It probably won't be that perfect, but at least nothing flew away while the fuselage halves were glued together 🙂 And a few more gray hair... It's good that I didn't forget to stick the radio operator in the compartment behind the pilot's cabin. I want to use the B-17 figures prepared in advance, because I think they should fit. Alternatively, one of the pilots will enter the plane and I will do it in a standing position, if it is impossible for them to fit into the two of them. PS. I found that Dolittle's raiders had bombs 500lbs (227kg) 3x HE, one incendiary bomb.

• Profile Photo

Fuselage seems to fit nicely, Bernard @lis
    A pity you still forgot to mount the ornament prior to closing the fuselage, even after reading the instructions so many times. In the end it turned out great.

• Profile Photo

Good job on fitting the bombs retrospectively, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten Thank You! Fuselage is drying now. I hope it will looks fine.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 6 months ago:

@lis - remember to keep an opening for the nose gear with all that weight.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 6 months ago:

@lis: Ummm,,,, actually, the interior of B-25 bomb bays is unpainted aluminum - from the B to the J. also the interior of the bomb bay doors. You might be able to pop the bomb and the incendiary and re-do that. Nobody's going to be looking in there. At least get the door interiors, since they can be seen.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla So bad news 🙁 So Airfix manual didn't tell truth. Also Guys in YT painted bomb bay wrong. I will looks what I can do with it.
    PS.
    Airfix has some opening moulded in fuselage surface. Weight I put under deck floor, and I think it will be fine. For that reaon I will close manhole cover under cockpit. Second one will be open.

• Profile Photo

Nose landing gear looks good, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo

The nose gear looks indeed good, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten Thank You! This is bronze nose gear. The fuselage was successfully assembled, but the Airfix 'imperfections are visible here, in the form of slight shifts of the fuselage halves. I don't know how much sanding will do to make it acceptable.

• Profile Photo

Time to glue wings.

• Profile Photo

Coming together nicely, my friend @lis!