I like books!

Started by Maarten · 4 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Maarten said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I don't stach model kits... but i do buy allot of books ,mostly ww2 also have a few magazine subscriptions U-boot im focus,then and now, The Axis Forces in World War Two .

One of my latest, is this book Kunst im Chaos (Art in chaos) its Big format,about the german Hamburg

Harbour right after ww2

Pictures where taken by a professional photographer,all photos are nice and clear ,full of half sunken ships. bombed docks ect...

like to go over pictures with a magnifying glass...you see so much more ,That's why got most of the PEKO,Panzerwrecks,RZM and similar publishers books also got a lot of French books about Bunkers,and the German army they have the best collection of pictures...you almost never see in English books ,and the Germans have the best Kriegsmarine books also have over 300 osprey books

and loads more ,almost every week i get a new one,

These two i got yesterday

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 1 month ago:

I just looked on Amazon and found this book - the photographs are exceptional. Thanks for the recommendation, @piet

• Profile Photo
    Maarten said 5 years, 1 month ago:

David .
    i highly recommend it ,
    if you like mangled,bend, broken ,rusty steel and all that …..you wont be dissapointed .

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 4 years, 6 months ago:

Wow, I like books too, this one seems really nice. I will ask my other half if she agrees I build a model of the Hamburg in June 1945 in 1:35 😀

I fear I know the answer..;