Trumpeter 1/32 Su-27B, Синий 24, Kluczewo Airfield, Stargard, Poland, 1992

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 119 · 2 years ago · 1/32, Su-27, Sukhoi, Trumpeter
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Putty!

Here's my Putty Queen, before sanding...
    And after sanding...
    At least another filling/sanding round is necessary, but me getting there (or so me thinks!)
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Great job @fiveten, she will be a grateful lady when finished, love her lines already!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @michel-verschuere!
    Beauty might be in the eye of the beholder, but few, if any, wil not adore the graceful lines of the Sukhoi 27!

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years, 2 months ago:

This is great work Spiros, a really great aircraft with beautiful lines! Well done and look forward to the next post, keep them coming!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @adrianstarling!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 11 months ago:

This is one of my favorite jet aircraft in the Russian inventory. The 1/32 kit really builds up beautifully and you have made excellent progress. I hope you elect to use one of the fine aftermarket ejection seats available - Quickboost's looks really nice and is quite inexpensive. Have you seen this build on Large Scale Planes? It is a masterclass in weathering this beast:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/80776-su-27-arctic-flanker-trumpeter-132/

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks my friend @coling! I will definitely have a look at the Quickboost seat!
    That heavily weathered Flanker is really amazing!
    Below are a couple of pics showing Flankers at Stargard Airport in 1992:

I haven't worked on this beauty lately, due to other projects prioritization (mainly the EoJ GB Cicogna), but she is going to be revisited very very soon!

• Profile Photo

Hi everyone!
    Here she is, another putty round going on, also the pylons are ready to be attached:

The intricate drag chute fairing hinges array had disappeared after the inevitable sanding there, so they were replicated by stretched sprue:
    Next is pylons installation (as they will be painted the same underside color) and off to the paint shop!
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Pylons installation

As is usual for me, I like installing pylons without anything hanging from them. I thus went on and attached stretched sprue pieces longitudinally at their bottoms, in order to make them look not bland/flat
    I then started to attach the pylons
    I think I will add the landing gear legs at this time, so the Sukhoi can rest onbits feet...
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Before adding the landing gear, I added simplistic brake lines at the MLG legs: they looked dead plain before...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

MLG legs attached

Took some fiddling around, in order to have the parts reasonably aligned.
    The small struts that secure the legs to the fuselage have no positive attachment points at the leg and, moreover, the holes that are supposed to fit into are grossly oversized. For the latter, I let the strut "rest" into the hole and "surrounded" it with quefied styrene...
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Standing on her feet...

The improvised jig ( 🙂 ) will hopefully secure the NLG leg at its correct angle till it cures...
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 11 months ago:

You're doing a great job getting that undercarriage aligned @fiveten.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo

Painting commenced

Thanks for stopping by!