DHC6-300, Grønlandsfly, Revell 1/72

Started by Erik Gjørup · 2 · 3 years ago · 1/72, airbum, DH100GB, DHC, DHC6, greenlandair, grønlandsfly, ln-decals, Revell, twin otter
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Migrating from “Work in Progress – Aircraft”

This was started in February and is now moved here

I have to admit that nothing has happened with this one in almost 3 months, but with the limit of one year on this GB, it should be an inspiration to get it done!

Just a quick round of what has happened so far;

I started with installing the windows, as I wanted to sand them flush

Here you have a comparison of the sanded and un-sanded versions

I made a cabin full of very basic chairs, adding a floor and airstair

Painted the lot and by the way, cut out the cockpit/cabin door.

The nosecone had a lot of lead to balance the plane

Some later removed as it was overweight

I corrected the front to take a vac-formed homemade windscreen

And that made me come to a screeching halt!

I have no experience in making vac-formed things, and most likely I will try to make a piece of glass from a heated Perspex that is pulled down over the mold.

The finished plane will be made as a Greenlandair example with the aid of some LN-decals – a few pictures of it;

The last two being when it had Greenlandair Charter titles – the decalsheet is for the GRØNLANDSFLY version.

The original version of this build on iModeler is to be found via this link https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/dhc6-300-oy-pof-gronlandsfly-revell-1-72/

Hopefully it will now move back to the workbench – time will tell!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Glad to having followed your progress at the WiP, glad to follow your progress her from now on, my friend @airbum!
    You had done some serious work already, and a bit is to be done as well! I am more than sure you'll produce a wonderful result, of this cool workhorse plane!