Final weathering, position lamps, etc.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Looking superb, my friend @lis!
    The finish line is coming closer.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Yes my friend @fiveten! Very nervous was position lamps painting.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

They came out very nice, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

After the adventure where the wind knocked my plane to the floor, the work can be considered completed. Due to this annoying incident, I had to refill the propeller blades, fairing and a damaged undercarriage leg. It seems to me that everything has been improved without a trace and the model can still please the eye. I noticed that there was probably a different type of windscreen (late model) in the original. It is true that there were two types in the set, but the late one was much worse cast - this is just an excuse. I painted the model based on the best knowledge I could determine, but it's all guesswork. I am aware of this. Someone else could have painted the model a little different and the likelihood of compliance with the original would be the same as in mine. I hope you like the model, despite all these incidents. When I cool down, I'll write a few lines in headnews. Thank you in particular @fiveten @johnb for encouraging me to build this model. 🙂

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

What an amazing finish, my friend @lis!
    Glad the knockoff did not do irreversible damage!
    Looking forward to see this beauty hitting the headlines!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten The 3rd law of dynamics has worked. Parts popped out of the mounts, apart from the bending of one chassis leg - I straightened and glued with extra thin glue. I hope It will be ok. I completely forgot that I added factory decals with de Haviland markings on the blades, from the Techmod technical stencils for Spitfire.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Definitely pleasing the eye, Lis @lis
    Can imagine your heartbeat was at a very high level when the flip over occurred.
    No signs anymore of this event.
    A beauty to be shown on the headlines.

• Profile Photo

@johnb held me for half a day. Somehow, the radio line did not break. Also the pitot tube was left in place. All the energy went into throwing up the fairing, propeller blades and landing gear leg. Returning to the subject of construction, a spinner painted red is a good move, it makes the model more attractive (regardless of whether the dark spot in the photo of the plane is red or a different shade). The Tamiya model, in the competition for the best Spitfire set, takes a strong second position, slightly behind the Airfix set, and surpassing, in my humble opinion, the KP and AZ-Model sets. The latter two are primarily constructional, as we can discuss the details, probably they are a bit better in the KP set. Another, less pleasant discovery was the analysis of the Sword kit I have in stock. It seems that the shape of the cockpit rim (and thus the shape of the fairing) is incorrect, and the rear protrusion is lowered, something like a mark. VIII. Big disappointment.

• Profile Photo