Comemorative tail 201 Sqn “Falcões” FAP

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 8 · 5 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

I’m in this GB to build this specific F-16 MLU from the Portuguese A.F. (FAP)

I really appreciate the quality of this photo for all the nice details on the aircraft airframe, paint and subsequent weathering.
    The model is Kinetic new 1/48 NATO MLU kit, using some AM goodies from Eduard, decals from Modelmaker and some vinyl details for the airframe reinforcement plates made by DACO.
    Thank you Erik for coming up with the idea behind this GB!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Really great entry, Pedro @holzhamer
    Indeed a perfect reference picture.
    Looking forward to your build.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great PR picture Pedro!
    Welcome aboard.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

One small detail I just noticed being absent from ModelMakers decal sheet is the tiny stencil of a skull with a Falcon in the front- visible only in the tip of the port side drop tank

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Nice choice Pedro, and nice to cya do something that does not have a prop. Remind if you have. Looking forward to seeing this WIP. Couple of projects almost finished before I break out my choice. Still pondering which one, as I have a few F-16's in the stash.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

@uscusn

Hey Chuck! Yeah jets are not my usual thing but I find a few of those really interesting model subjects, either by its operational background, its design or the occasional paint scheme.

The F-16 falls under the first section, since I often see them fly overhead my area and even have a friend that was the first squadron leader of the 201 squadron when they got the Viper and did all his training in the US back them… a real backbone for the subsequent flyers that followed on.

Look forward to see which F-16 you get build here 😉

Cheers!

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Nice one Pedro!
    I’ve got the very plane on my list already and it would make a nice comparison with the mainstream Italeri one I’m currently working on.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent entry, my friend @holzhamer!
    Looking forward to it!