F-16AM Block 15 323 Sqn Klu

Started by David Odenwald · 60 · 2 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Indeed some fitting issue here, David @kahu

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Just a few John @johnb.

Maybe this is why no one builds this kit and publishes their work.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months, 1 week ago:

This is one of those kits that you finish just out of spite, David @kahu. You will be ranked with the first class problem solvers when you finish it.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Some nasty fit issues, my friend @kahu! Looking forward to your solution!

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Hello @kahu,
    I 'm currently busy with a F-16B from Kinetic and I'm encountering exactly the same issues. I already build one in 2022 and I remember to have those fit issues however I'm still making those kit.
    I did a WIP for the F-16 A you can follow those links:

https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/kinetic-1-48-f-16-a-mlu/?topic_page=1&num=15

F-16A Block 10B, FA-39 Belgian Air Force 2nd Squadron (Comet)
    Concerning the exhaust, I used my chain saw file to te get the parts more or less correctly. Hereunder the result:
  • Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 3 months ago:

George, Spiros, and Yann thanks for the encouragement.

I ended up removing that lip inside and now it all fits though I had considered Yann's solution also. Decided to step away from this kit and tackle something else for bit but I got in from Legends a resin ACES II seat that simply blows the kit seat out of the water. In photo background will see what I've been dragging off the Shelf of Stalled Projects.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

The Legends seat is absolutely amazing, my friend @kahu!
    Love the Schwalbe in the background! Would love to see it completed!

• Profile Photo

The Legends seat has a few resin bits and bobs to add on but just out of the bag is as you say Spiros @fiveten amazing.

The Sturmvogel is the Tamiya kit. Was trying to make the mad squiggles but I finally just decided to get close enough for now. Got two more in the stash to learn on. Adding SC250 bombs from one my Eduard Fw 190F-8 kits with PE bits. But the fun thing is I am using from 1977 the Monogram decals for Weiss B and they seem to be going on all right.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 months ago:

David Odenwald (@kahu)
    It seems like this one has been fighting you all the way. Sometimes we get one like that. My last one was the 1/48 Monogram F9F-5 Panther Jet that I built as Brubaker's plane from the movie Bridges of Toko Ri, when we had the "Imodeler at the Movies" group going on. I prevailed, but so far I have not posted it in the headlines section.

Your 262 caught my eye ! From what I can see from the cheap seats, it looks pretty darn good.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months ago:

A lot of details on that LEgend seat indeed, David @kahu
    Would love to see the 262 entirely, with or without squiggles.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis @lgardner and John @johnb.

The Me 262 is Tamiya so no real fuss but from me trying to paint mad squiggles. Plus the fact the Tamiya decals were shattering on me. And while the Monogram decals stayed together, they silvered. Oh well. Got two more Tamiya 262s in stash.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 months ago:

262’s rule ! 🙂
    I love ‘em.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months ago:

Seat looks great, David (@kahu). Hopefully the most painful parts are behind you. I am just finishing the last bits on a 1/72 Tamiya F-16CJ, and I am really glad I picked something that went together perfectly rather than the Kinetic F-16 I had in the garage. I think it can stay in the garage a while more.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 months ago:

Nice seat. Hope to see some progress again soon, not least with the new seat..

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 2 months ago:

I promise, I'll get back to this model. But the P-47M is just rolling along.