F-16C, Hasegawa 1/72 USAF

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 39 · 4 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 months ago:

Definitely looks like an F-16! Good progress.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months ago:

Really good progress, Chuck @uscusn

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

Excellent job, my friend @uscusn!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months ago:

Moving along very quickly, Chuck (@uscusn). It will be paint time very soon. I wish the F-16 I am building had a one piece intake like yours. My Tamiya intake is composed of 3 parts, and there is no way they were going together without need some putty. I added some weight in the nose cone and behind the cockpit, just to be sure. I was worried that all the wing armament would probably be partially behind the main wheels, so I didn't want to risk it.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Thanks Eric & John, finally getting there.
    Thanks Spiros, Hase keeps it simple yet enough details for the scale.
    Thanks George, sometimes some kit makers get to complicated though I think the Tamiya kit is Italeri plastic. So far the few F-16's I have built did not require nose weight. But it pays to be safe putting weight. You never know.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Finally back to start the painting process first with pre-shading the airframe.

Next is to paint the nose and intake lip Grey/Blue FS 35237 (15237 is Glossy) using Xtracrylix 15237.

The nose and intake lip are masked off and next is to airbrush FS36320 Dk Ghost Grey for the fuselage upper nose section to the canopy, the tail and fuselage sides.

Then the lower surfaces will be painted FS 36375 Lt Ghost Grey. First I install the drop tanks.

The Lt Gray is airbrushed over the undersufaces, pylons and wing tip rails top and bottom. I used Gunze Aqueous acrylics. This paint is excellent to apply.

Next up the final coat on the upper surfaces and just a light coat of future to prepare for decals,

More to follow.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Great painting, my friend @uscusn!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Excellent paintwork, Chuck @uscusn

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 4 days, 15 hours ago:

Thanks Spiros and John, several shaded of grey involved.