F-16C Wild Weasel - Tamiya 1/72 F-16CJ

Started by George R Blair Jr · 112 · 2 months ago · F-16CJ, Tamiya, wild weasel
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months ago:

I had Grandpa duty again today, so not much time to build. We attended a Valentine Day party for a class of 3-year olds. I am not sure how the teachers maintain their sanity, but whatever they get paid, it isn't enough. I spent my hobby time trying to get all of the missiles, tanks, and pods added to the plane. I used Elmer's Clear School Glue to initially attach everything. Elmer's is tacky and dries perfectly clear, so it works great for fiddly stuff like pods and missiles. Once they are in place I dab a little superglue in the joint to seal the deal. I used superglue and accelerator to attach the wing tanks. I used the pylons from the Hasegawa kit since the Tamiya kit didn't have them. They all had locating tabs for the Hasegawa missiles, but I ground them off with a Dremel since I didn't use their missiles. Everything is done except for one pod, which I will get done tomorrow. After that, the only thing left will be to attach the open canopy, and I will be done. Cheers everyone.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

Almost done and looking perfect already, my friend @gblair! Looking forward to seeing it crossing the finish line!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 months ago:

Done. A quick post in Headlines, and off to the next model. Thanks for following along. Cheers.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months ago:

What a wonderful build thread and ditto result, my friend @gblair!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 months ago:

George R Blair Jr (@gblair)
    She looks great in the headlines section ! It was a lot of fun to follow along with you during your build journal.

I'm going to chime in here and echo what our good friend
    Spiros Pendedekas (@fiveten)
    said.

I'm not a big fan of snakes at all... but your "Viper" does indeed look wonderful.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months ago:

Beautiful work done, George @gblair
    Especially considering this tiny scale.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Bit late to the party - Looks ready for business with a heavy load!