Good Evening Da Nang – Eduard/Academy 1:48 F-4C

Started by Gábor Szabó · 5 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Gábor Szabó said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Hi! O.K. I will take a deep breath and go into this group. Althought I have several project to go I can't refuse the kind inviting 🙂 I will be slow I'm afraid but I want this bird make right. This will be my first modern aircraft for decades so fingers crossed. I noticed that there aren't any props in the box :O oh, god! The good news that I coudn't find any rigging instructions also :D.

The kit is impressive - the Academy one is good itself alone - full of goodies for the notorious AMS modeler. I bought some aftermarket Sidewinders and some figures also just for sure :). I have to buy some paints also. Now I have to make some room on my desk and hopefully on my self too - but the latter is not soo important as no plastic harmed yet.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Hey, Gubor, good to have you on board, I think you have the same kit as our good friend Craig, do you have decal options?

• Profile Photo
    Gábor Szabó said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Hi!
    Oh Yes, several:

F-4C, 64-0726, 557 TFS/12 TFW, XC, Cam Rahn Bay AB, 1968  

F-4C, 63-7500, 390 TFS/366 TFW, BB, Da Nang AB, 1967
    F-4C, 64-0676, 45 TFS/2 AD, -, Ubon RTAFB, 1966, 1 MiG kill
    F-4C, 64-0752, 480 TFS/35 TFW, -, Da Nang AB, 1967, 1 MiG kill
    F-4C, 64-0776, 389 TFS/366 TFW, AK, Da Nang AB, 1967, 3 MiG kills

This is a bit far now but I'd like to build the last one - the famous 'Mig Killer' which still exists as exhibition plane today. Or that overpainted gray one with white belly... I don't know 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Welcome! I'm so glad you're in. I didn't realize that I'd never seen you build something "modern," so I'm really looking forward to seeing your build.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Happy modelling with this fine kit 🙂