Good Morning, Da Nang Eduard 1/48 Phantom F-4B

Started by George Williams · 8 · 8 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, F-4B, Good Morning Da Nang
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 2 months ago:

The postman has just been bearing a gift, my entry into the group build kindly hosted by Greg. You get markings for five different machines as follows: 151492 VF-84 Jolly Rogers USS Independence, 152238 VMFA-542 Bengals, Da Nang Air Base, 152258 VMFA-323 Death Rattlers Chu Lai Air Base, 153020 VF-161 Chargers, USS Midway, and 153019 VF-111 Sundowners USS Coral Sea, not sure which one to do yet, I don't want to duplicate someone else's entry. As well as the Academy plastic there's the decals (printed by Cartograf), some resin and etched parts, masks, and nice looking instructions. I think I'm going to busy between now and August.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 2 months ago:

That's odd, George...I have the same kit, but different box art AND different decals. 🙁 ?

• Profile Photo

Hi Craig, I think you might have a different kit - "Good evening Da Nang" as opposed to "Good morning Da Nang"?

• Profile Photo

I'm pretty sure it's the same kit, George...the differences being only what I mentioned above.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Looking forward to seeing it George!

• Profile Photo

I think you have the F-4C USAF options rather than the F-4B Navy markings, other than that I think the differences are pretty subtle...

• Profile Photo

Yep...now that I think about it, you're probably right.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Great choice, George. Its great to see you modelling this very nice kit !