Something old, something new, something borrowed, something Blue

Started by Paul Wilsford · 3 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Wilsford said 7 years, 11 months ago:

Greg and I have been friends for a couple of years now and every now and then we have a challenge between each other on a couple of our builds. Also, since I haven't really submitted anything new in the way of pics or features in almost two years I figured I would let him weasel me into this group build. I happened to get the 48 Academy F-4J " Jolly Rogers" for quite a good deal on eBay and free shipping made it all the more attractive to pull the trigger on it. Only this time I thought I would go with the baby Blues. Ii have the 32 scale F-4J but after having rather some difficulty getting the seamless s*****s resin intakes to work (we will talk about that later) I for went the 32 rout and opted for some cam decals Blue Angels decals.

I started this yesterday right after I got the interior zoom set in and it has gone pretty fair since. I have, as Greg does, chosen to build this one wheels up and maybe I can finish this in good time.

One of the things I have done is to not follow the sequence of assembly because I have to paint some areas before assembly is complete. Also I found that attaching the front fuselage
    assembly to be mostly a butt joint so I added some tabs o the inside of the wings to help with the alignment and to eliminate the chances of errant gaps.

I have tried for the past five years to finish a jet and with the exception of the HKM Meteor this will be the next one. any way enjoy the pics.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 7 years, 11 months ago:

At least "wheels up" will eliminate that well documented issue with the gear placement.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Wilsford said 7 years, 11 months ago:

yeah, Craig, it will but then the Blues look best in their element