VF 84 and VF 111 Phantoms

Started by Morne Meyer · 12 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Some photos for thos in the the Phantom Group Build that are building Phantoms of VF 84 and VF 111.

17 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Morne, lovely series of photos of Fighting 111 and 84, including a CAG, no less. The corrosion control and wear are also notable and helpful, provided you don't want to look like the plane is just out of rework. Great selections! Both units are favorites of mine, thinking the Skull and crossbones by a slight head. Lotta inspiration there, thanks for collecting and posting them for us.

• Profile Photo

I noticed that the VF 111 Phantom in photo number 8 is a bicentennial aircraft carrying the '76 logo. That's very subdued in comparison with markings sported by other Phantom squadrons.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Note that the Sundowner in the upper right corner is actually a model, I think it was posted on Zone Five or ARC. Great shot though!

• Profile Photo

I am aware of that photo. Awesome model!

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 8 years, 2 months ago:

It really is isn't it? The photography and photoshopping is also just a notch above the average!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Well - now I'm in a quandry! I have decals for a Sundowner, and an old Monogram J in my stash - and I'm thinking of swapping the Israeli E I was going to do for the Sundowner...

• Profile Photo

Photoshopping has created quite a stir on another forum when it came to light how it was used to hide mistakes on models that was featured on forums and magazines.

• Profile Photo

You can never have enough US Navy Phantoms! I think we will see many Sundowners by August!

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 8 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks for sharing these pictures, Morne. You can never have enough F-4s and good reference as well !
    There will be also a Sundowner outside of this GB. I will finish my current F-4 build to replace it with ...another F-4 🙂

• Profile Photo

Guten Tag mein Freund. Can't wait to see it!

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Guten Abend mein Freund, me too !