Battle of France 1/48 Airfix Hurricane Mk I

Started by Rick Wilkes · 38 · 9 years ago · Battle of France
  • Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your encouragement and advice.
    Speaking of advice, What can you tell me about the current state of Airfix decals. I have the XtraDecal BoB sheet so I can get the major markings from there, but I want to use the yellow jacket, so i will most likely be using the codes, the serial number, and the stencils from from the kit as well.

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Rick, the last set of Airfix kit decals I used was on my Seafire 47. They went on well with no silvering using a future base coat and a mild setting solution. They were very thin, though, so the color separation on the wing stripes showed through the white part of the roundel.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jaime, that's encouraging news, especially since I just realized I'm pretty much stuck with using the kit decals on the Stuka. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Mรผller said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Rick, the Airfix decals on my Fw 190 build worked near perfect, reacted perfect with Sol
    not too thinn, perfect in colour

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Rick, as thats a (recent) reissue of the Airfix Hurri you should have no probs with their decals. Sometimes they can be a bit thin especially the whites in their roundels.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys, with two warnings about the possibility of the white being transparent, I'll use white decal stock to back up anything that over a light/dark transition.

• Profile Photo

Last look before the reveal.
    Undersides are painted and the propeller is painted and ready for final assembly.
    See ya on Halloween ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 7 months ago:

Looking good Rick, can't wait to see the finished article.