Battle of France & BoB Group Build Potez 630 WIP

Started by Paul Mahoney · 8 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Ok, here is what i hope to be my subject for my first GB - the Azur 1/48 Potez 630 (my typing skills labeled it 640 earlier..) Anyway, here is a shot of the box and contents, and plan to start work on it after finishing up the Tamiya Do335 on my desk. I also need to make more progress on the HK B-25 on the desk, but have no delusions about having that one finished before starting the Potez.

Haven't decided on the markings yet, but most likely will choose one of the kit-provided schemes.

At first glance it looks pretty good in the box - some nice resin in there, and pretty crisp moldings for a limited-run kit.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Cool! Nice choice of subject. I look forward to watching your progress.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I would definitely go with the scheme on the box art provided, of course, that it was worn during the Battle of France. One thing is for sure, it will stand out amongst the usual Spitfires, Hurricanes, and Messerschmitts.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Hi Seamus, the instructions put the cover art scheme as June 1940 - it's between that and another that has more camouflage on top and the tiny roundels on the upper wings.
    and by the way, this is my main reference - a very complete book on the entire Potez 63 series

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Excellent choice Paul, something really unique and unusual. Looking forward to a kit I have never seen, or even built. Will be following this with extreme interest.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Mahoney said 9 years, 8 months ago:

ok... I have been AWOL on my own subject for some time - life got in the way. Had a great trip to the IPMS Nats, then vacation, then home stuff. I'm still going to kick this one in high gear and attempt to cross the finish line... just in case anyone wondered. By the way - the nats trip was HIGHLY inspiring 🙂

Paul

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Looks like a great subject Paul, very unique with interesting markings. I'll be looking forward to following your build.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 8 months ago:

As Seamus said , something that will stick out.
    Looking forward to seeing this build.