BoB Airfix Stuka

Started by Rick Wilkes · 98 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 6 months ago:

This is state of construction as of midnight on Halloween. Close but no cigar πŸ™‚

Still needs the glazing on the belly added, then the centerline bomb and trapeze. As well as the pitot tube, the wing gun barrels, the sights on the MG15, the propeller, and setting the pilot and gunner's canopies in place. It's not really that much, the only things to be build is the pitot tube from metal tube and mounting the sights on the MG15. The rest are completed subassemblies Lastly touching up the paint and a little weathering.

Why didn't I get it done in time...I'm sure I have several excuses but no reasons.. Sorry inside joke from my days in the Army.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd MΓΌller said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Thats pretty nice Rick, looks great !

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Great work Rick, it looks really good. I'm still working on the fiddly bits too.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Further than I am Rick, but getting there.

• Profile Photo

Not quite ready for prime time, the white glue holding the gunner's canopy is still wet.
    Hopefully, if it's done fighting me, I'll post the "headline" article tomorrow

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Looking good Rick, plenty of pics please in headlines πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo

Hi Gregor, plenty of pictures and narrative. Have to go to the dentist first though...oh boy. πŸ™

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 6 months ago:

That workmanship is stunning, Rick...can't wait to see the completed model in the "Headlines" section - really looking forward to seeing the Stuka from different angles when you're all done.