BoB old pair.

Started by Simon Whitney · 87 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Simon, take 3 deep breaths, give Lady Rose 3 big hugs, then saw the cowling apart on the join lines and start over. πŸ˜‰
    If it's any consolation you're not the only one running into last minute glitches, ask me how I know... πŸ™

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Stay with it Simon. It's all part of the game.
    If your using Super Glue to assemble main components you might consider switching to a liquid cement that welds the plastic together. Takes longer but SG doesn't have much shear strength & will snap open from finger pressure or dropping.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Bummer mate! I hate when stuff like this happens at the last hurdel. I had this problem with my Gladiator and its been on the shelf of doom ever since. Hope you can get it sorted. All the best.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd MΓΌller said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Oh well, it can be fixed Simon, as said above, calm down and don t rush while your repair is under way.:-)
    The rigging looks good, it is just a slight set back, i am using mostly plastic cement and super glue only with pe parts.
    The book of modelling disasters is more or less written by me, chapter for chapter πŸ™

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks everyone, this will not beat me, just another set back on the modelling front.
    A mere flesh wound as they say.

• Profile Photo

Rick , How do you know?
    Good news is that I was able to dis-assemble the cowling and hopefully rectify the bloody problem.
    The cylinder heads although nicely moulded are slightly to long so have trimmed them down a tad.
    Just a case of rebuilding the cowling again.
    The joy of plastic and glue.

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Simon, I had to pry the canopy off my Hurricane yesterday to fix a paint bleed, I'm still trying to blend the vac windscreen on the Stuka, and I haven't quite gotten either "spinning prop" effect on the Spitfire to a point I'm satisfied with. Other than that everything's great...lol

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 6 months ago:

I've been looking in on this thread as much for the entertainment value as for the modelling progress. Great stuff - problems and all!

• Profile Photo

Its more like a comedy of errors Rob... Holes to big for the rigging, a mis fitting cowling (built twice now and on its third rendition).
    And now the classic...
    Went to put the decals on only to find that I had glued the door on, right where one of the main decals went, so off came the door, ( next time think first Simon).
    But all in all a fun build.
    Hope to get it finish for Halloween.

• Profile Photo

Well you know, whats that saying.
    If a first you do not succeed , then skydiving is not for you.
    Well that`s what happened with the cowling.
    This is about as close as I can get with out ordering a new set of parts.
    But with a lick of paint and some weathering powders who knows?

Main decals on, but not without a fight.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Atta boy Simon, get it finished mate πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Paul van Acker said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Hi all. Just an apology. I've not done one of these group builds and posted my Defiant too early. Sorry about that. I jobs now. To wait for the actual date it's to be in. Will do in future.
    Thanks,
    Paul..:)