BoF/BoB Group Build Part 10- Inside The Hurricane.

Started by Seamus Boughe · 7 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years ago:

When we last visited my MDC Hurricane cockpit, it was twenty-one resin parts that were warped, broken, and even missing. Some time later, with a bit of work and a lot of patience, I feel that I have a reasonably accurate Hawker Hurricane cockpit. I added some placards from Archer, Airscale, and Aviaeology. I also added an RB Production’s Sutton Harness (which I cannot recommend). I brought out as many of the small details as I could to bring this cockpit to life. The shame of it all, as always, is once I close the fuselage halves and install the cockpit, a lot of the details will be lost. At least I know that they are there even if I can no longer see them.

25 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years ago:

Lovely work Seamus, as you said , it a shame that most of it will be hidden once the fuselage is together.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 9 years ago:

Seamus, absolutely marvelous work! I would never have the patience, but it obviously is with you. This is the most complete cockpit I've ever seen, and the first with stencils, ever.
    I'm sticking with 1/48th, I could never do this.
    Congradulations, go have a beer or two!

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 9 years ago:

Looking very good, my friend. I'll second Bernard's recommendation, just don't get too carried away so you don't end up putting the wings on backwards... 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 8 years, 12 months ago:

Thanks for the advice lads. After all the correcting, scratch building, detailing, and making sure everything lined up, I could use a pint or two.

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Beautiful job Seamus! I look forward to seeking this build finished.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Fred, I am looking forward to seeing this build finished also.