B-26 Marauder For D-Day

Started by Frank Cronin · 22 · 9 years ago · Monogram 1/48
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 10 years ago:

Looks like George the transcriber was asleep at the transcription machine, Frank. Those last 20 words are a tossed salad. "Say over all past 'when finished' - over..."

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 10 years ago:

Tom,
    What's a matter wich ya? Makes perfect sense to me. In reality I was sober but I think my "hunt and peck" finger was drunk. I may do the same in this response as yesterday I had a complete right shoulder replacement and in my now narcotic stupor heaven knows what will come out. What I meant to say is the stripes will be as you said and I wish someone would do a very good B-26 using today's technology.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 10 years ago:

Frank, all looks good from here, as for a decent kit of her now well !
    The only kit of it I built was the old Airfix version years ago.
    Look forward to seeing done.
    Simon.

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Well after a period of time, unable to do any modeling or typing (without George the transcriber being asleep) I am trying to finish the B-26. I am also working on the C-47 and a P-38 to see if I can complete those. My doctor thought he would like to do a bit of modeling on my shoulder and it is only partially back to full use. I have quite a bit of therapy left to do. Amazing what is done today to heal a person and make them bionic. I have had very little pain except for the third day when the drugs wore off and aside from a bit when I move it as I should not, there is none. I will stick to plastic models and leave the complicated sawing, pounding, screwing, and gluing to my doctor.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I thought this would come out in the original post but it did not, Hope this comes out it shows my doctors handy work.

Well, so much for that. the photo doesn't want print.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Well done progressing your builds Frank. They're looking good. Hope your shoulder gets better soon.

• Profile Photo

Almost there. Again my very heart felt congratulations and respect to all veterans.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.