D Day group build , where are we all up to .......

Started by neil foster · 26 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    neil foster said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi George, that sounds great and yes I would love to do a WW1 G/B.
    Cheers N.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 11 months ago:

That would involve a very sharp deadline if it was for the 100th anniversary :). BTW Neil did you see that Tamiya are issuing a new tool 1/35 WW1 british tank shortly?

• Profile Photo

Hi Greg, yes I am aware of the imminent 1/35 IV tank, I can't wait, I heard a whisper it will be about £50 ,but I imagine the aftermarket boys will soon bump that up.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Guillermo Diaz De Leon Calzada said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Hi Neil,

I am far away to finish on D-Day date, but I think if it is possible to give more time, because Allied Invasion started on June 6th, and invasion strip where remove until December 1944. Well, may be two months is ok, what do you think?

Thanks,

Guillermo

• Profile Photo

Hi Guillermo,I'm just asking people to post a group of pictures of finished D Day builds on June 6th or maybe just one or two of any projects that are still WIP and then post the finished pictures later otherwise it isn't fair on those who are finished.
    Thanks N.

• Profile Photo

Neil, I get update e-mails from Wonderland models in Edinburgh, they are offering it for £35.

• Profile Photo

G,is it out already ?,N.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Just need to hang my cargo doors and add the exhaust and a couple of antennae and the C-47 is ready. I did get the latest issue of Air Classics (a D-Day special) and after seeing some of the photos of invasion stripe application I now think I was too careful in applying them. I should have just brushed them on! The crews were literally were applying them with rollers and brushes!

• Profile Photo

Neil its not out yet, just checked their website - no definite date yet, and its £45 not £35! Sorry about that, much as I'd like a go at this its a bit too pricy for me.

• Profile Photo
    Frank Cronin said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Josh,
    Your right, they painted the stripes overnight and used any thing they had.If you have seen the TV series,"Band of Brothers" you can see on the C-47's they are boarding that the stripes were less than perfect. But we are doing illusions and I would think that if we did not mask them the stripes would look very messy and out of scale. I look forward to seeing your C-47. Mine is as done as it is going to get.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Given I have a book proposal that is kicking my butt that has to be completed this week, that Spit XII is going to sit awhile longer.