D Day,1/48th,Hasegawa P-47D, Capt Donovan Smith, 61st FS,56th FG

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 35 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks Gregor, should get it done this evening. Decals are done, the Flat coat has been applied, just need to add the detail bits to finish.

Chuck

• Profile Photo

This the final installment of the WIP. Got it done yesterday, but too late to post any images this set will be prior to final assembly which I will post as the finished project. This is at the gloss coat stage prior to and then applying the decals. Showing my first attempt ever on laying down invasion stripes. Not so easy, but not really difficult, just careful planning and some adjustments afterwards.

• Profile Photo

So decals are now applied and the Flat coat has been applied. Now time to add the detail bits such as the landing gear, drop tank, gun tubes, etc. The white base markings turned out to be a little larger than the blue stars and bars. GRRRRRRRRR! You will see this on a later image. I decided not to use them for the upper wing and fuselage markings. The Kits World decals were used for the first time. They tend to stick once they are on so I had to be careful as they are thin and plenty of Aeroset was applied to keep them floating into place before dabbing the air bubbles out and let them set. The kit supplied decals were thin and the usual cream white on the Stars and bars was present. Which not a bad thing this time as it was not bright once the dullcoat was applied. Now to finish the final bits and to display it on the shelf. Thanks for following.

Chuck

19 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Looks Great Chuck, good work :). I enjoyed watching your P-47 progress, that camo looks stunning.

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Great work there Chuck, I just hope I can get my one as good looking as yours.