Hurricane Mk.IIC, 351sq (Yugoslav) RAF (Arma Hobby, 1:72)

Started by Sebastijan Videc · 16 · 3 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 5 months ago:

I admit, I fell into a Black Friday thing and ordered a few kits from Arma hobby with considerable discount so I am entering another Hurricane.

351sq RAF was the second of two Yugoslav RAF squadrons established in 1944, the other being 352sq. 352 was equipped with Harvards and Hurricanes Mk.IIc at Benghazi, Libya where they trained for future ops. Upon receiving Spitfires Mk.V, Hurricanes were relegated to its sister squadron 351, which remained to be the ground attack squadron until the end of WW2. During the work up training for the future combat operations over Yugoslavia, Mk.IIc's were replaced by Mk.IVs, which the squadron used until the end of war.

I'll be building one of the early IIcs from Benghazi in standard RAF desert camouflage. Catch was, that Tito negotiated the use of red stars over the standard RAF markings - the only such exception in standard markings known to me.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Another nice choice @inflames!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Great choice, Sebastijan (@inflames). I have several different versions of these Hurricanes from Arma Hobby. Looking forward to the build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

A great entry indeed, my friend @inflames! Looking to it!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Good one Sebastijan, nice markings.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

This should be a really good build, Sebastijan (@inflames). I have heard good things about this kit. The paint scheme looks cool.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Missed the entry of this beautiful kit, Sebastijan @inflames
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Due to a business trip to Luxembourg, this is a last update on the project for a week or so. Mk.IIc was painted in the RAF desert camo using Mr.Paint colours - Azure Blue, Mid Stone and Dark Earth.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Camo looks awesome, my friend @inflames!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Some amazing paintwork, Sebastijan @inflames
    Did you apply it freehanded or did you use a kind of masking.
    One of my favorite places, Luxemburg, both country and capitol are a real nice place to be.

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 3 months, 1 week ago:

I am back!
    Thank you guys! @johnb I do most of my feathered edge camouflages freehand and this one was no exception. And I agree, Luxembourg is really really nice. Unfortunately with courses running until 5pm and short winter days, I don't get to see much of it, even if I have spent 4 weeks total there 🙂

Back to the model. Decals were applied and they give quite a character to this desert scheme! Some silvering appeared around the serial code, but I think I'll manage to deal with it with weathering process. Not bad for 20 odd year old decals from LiftHere!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Thus is a really nice looking Hurricane, Sebastijan. Great paintwork.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Decals do indeed look pretty good after all those years, Sebastijan @inflames

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Decals look indeed great, my friend @inflames! Silvering is not that apparent.

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Thank you, guys!