What to build?

Started by Erik Gjørup · 41 · 5 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Thank you for all the enthusiasm gentlemen. Happy to have you all aboard for the journey @klavs1972, @johnb, @gblair, @fiveten, @holzhamer and @lgardner and all you others that has accepted the invite.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year, 5 months ago:

@lgardner
    A night fighter Hurricane would be a great addition to this GB idea Louis 😉
    If Arma Hobby eventually release their 1/48 Hurricane soon, I just might bounce in too

• Profile Photo

How about a Hurricane with a DB601 engine?

Apart from the 1/72 Omega kit, I do not know of any other kits of this one.

It would be a nice scratchbuild project in 1/48 I think 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Are there any dates set yet for this GB? I am in the middle of two builds at the moment, but when I finish one of them, I'd be able to participate - with a Finnish Hurricane!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

@airbum, that is an interesting Hurricane, I was not aware the DB601 has been tried on them.

• Profile Photo

@inflames, I have not yet set a date, but most likely a year depending on how it is recieved. For now it is just a private group, and that means only my friends are able to post, but anyone can see.

@johnb, the DB engines have been many places 😉

For those that did not recieve an invite, but would like to take part here, send me a PM og wait till december when it most likely will be open to all. (done this way just to test the private group function)

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Erik great! Then count me in for at least one build!

• Profile Photo

@inflames, if you know what you want to build you are welcome to start a topic now, and then fill in when you get moving. You decide if that is a way to go.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Pedro L. Rocha (@holzhamer)
    This is great news ! I was not aware that Arma Hobby was doing a 1/48 Hurricane. My old tired eyes are no longer suited to building in 1/72, so I sold off / gave away all of my 1/72 stash.

Please keep me posted if you happen to hear of any updates.

Erik Gjørup (@airbum)
    Yes sir,
    I am excited about building something for this group. First, like Sebastijan has mentioned, I have to finish up my 1/32 scale Revell Mustang builds. It would be nice to knock out Tubarao and the quartet of 109's I have started too. These should not take too long... his famous last words..

Neither was I aware of a DB powered Hurricane. That's definitely a neat one !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

What a fantastic enthusiasm, my friends! @holzhamer, looking forward to your Finnish Hurricane!

@lgardner, eagerly awaiting for your decision!

Admin @airbum, a DB engined Hurry? Wow! Now that's something!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year, 5 months ago:

@lgardner
    Louis, if eyesight is the issue then Revell is launching an all new Mk.IIb Hurricane in 1/32!
    And judging by the plastic photos is seems a good kit, probably with a price tag around the same as the future Arma Hobby 48th scale 😂

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Pedro L. Rocha (@holzhamer)
    Wow ! This is great news...

I have two of the original vintage Revell 1/32 scale Hurricanes, and they are not up to our "modern" standards. They are the mid to late 1990's release with the desert scheme picture of a completed model on the box top. Thinking about this, I have a 1/32 scale Revell Typhoon as well. Maybe I should build one (or two depending on which one I pick) for this group ? I was originally thinking of building something for this group in 1/48, so at the time 1/32 never entered my thoughts of these larger scales. Good idea ! Thanks

I was not even aware of this newest Revell edition, and this sounds like a great kit. I am not current at all with staying on top of new releases. Thanks for the heads up about it.

On another note, a little while ago I picked up a Revell of Germany Ju-188 kit. It's the 1/48 Dragon kit re-boxed, and it looks like they added new decals. Have you done anything with yours recently ?

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Thanks for the invite Erik, there are a few Hawker subjects in my stash, starting with an RAAF Demon, Belgian Hunter, RAF and RN Hunters, RAF Fury, and a RN Buccaneer, as well as a selection of Harriers, also if I had one an RAAF HS 748, all 1/72, I don't promise to finish them all.

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

A very nice set of Hawkers to work on, Allan @kalamazoo
    Looking forward to the ones you choose.

• Profile Photo

Looking forward to your Hawkers @kalamazoo! A 748 in 1/72 - that would be a treat! (Back when I had my first day alone in the tower I had a 748 declaring an emergency on short finals - no one was hurt and the 748 departed again later the same day)