Italeri 1/48 Sikorsky SH-60B Sea Hawk

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 142 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Italeri, Sea Hawk, SH-70, Sikorsky
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Hi everyone!

This is yet another entry to the ever growing and successful "Helicopters" GB. A friend and colleague in my office who is a Commander at the Hellenic Navy is about to retire. A flight engineer, he was a Sea Hawk crew for too many years. So, my aim is to present him a a Sea Hawk model as a surprise gift before his retirement, which might take place very soon...

Here is a look at the sprues...

Here are the instructions, all nice and clear...

The decal sheet looks great...

Though my friend flew Greek Sea Hawks, he also liked very much the USN's machines, so the USN version depicted at the decal sheet will commence!

Here is this evening's progress...

More to come!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Really looking forward to this one, Spiros! @fiveten I have the exact same kit in my stash, along with a couple of sheets of etch, interior and exterior, plus aftermarket decals. I haven't worked up the energy to take it on yet, so I am keen to see how you put it together with your impressive efficiency and skill. It looks like a really nice kit to me, as I think most Italeri helicopters are. I will be following this closely. Thanks for adding this new build topic.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 10 months ago:

I love helicopters, Spiros (@fiveten), so I am looking forward to this build. The only thing I don't like about helos is how much space it takes to display them, but giving it to a friend solves that problem.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @coling and @gblair! Indeed it looks to be a nice hekicopter kit, per the Italeri helo tradition. And yes, the finished model takes some serious space.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Very nice entry and first step, Spiros @fiveten
    For sure this will be result in an amazing gift for your friend.
    It might get him into this hobby as well.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

Basic interior ghost gray applied on many interior visible areas...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Nice interior preperation, Spiros @fiveten.
    Advantage of helicopter models is the better view on the interior.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Roberto Flavio Alonzo Revollo Alarcon said 1 year, 10 months ago:

That´s a Nice interior detailing... there are few kits in my scale with that kind of details

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Good start on the Sikorsky, Spiros, very familiar with these as well as having this kit in the stash with some Cobra Company resin to enhance it. With the move all done, finally ready to get back to the bench get some repairs in and restart some projects. The Italeri Seahawk is a good base kit to really go to town on. Will follow closely as the Seahawk is dear to my heart flying in the Hotel variant while serving in the Navy. So with only a pair of Hasegawa 72nd scale SH-60B's on the shelf.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @flavioalonzo!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @uscusn! Looking forward to yours!

• Profile Photo

Cockpit under preparation, plus some basic construction...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Steady progress, Spiros @fiveten
    Nice paintwork on the seats.