[Solved] Adding Photos to a Post Since Server Migration

Started by George R Blair Jr · 37 · 1 year ago · photos, posts, server migration
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Hi Martin, @martin @techsupport, just when I thought the problems were fixed this happened to me today when I tried to post a new article in Headlines

Thanks again for your help
    George

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

I tried again a couple of hours later and they worked perfectly…………..

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Hello @chinesegeorge yes this is correct. I was just able to replicate your problem on my own iPhone when the server crashed :/ and we were offline for about an hour. The reason this time was simple - hit the limit of disk space due to badly configured backup process. Fixed now... 🙂 Happy posting.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

It is really great to see all little issues gradually taken care of, my friend @editor!

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 1 year, 7 months ago:

@airbum, @gblair

Our ambition with iModeler is to be able to take pictures directly off your camera and do all the necessary image processing (resizing for the web, compression, format, rotation etc) for you..

Because of this, iModeler is designed to work great with your iPhone or Android phone, which should make taking quick photos at your modeling table a breeze. Some other modelers may prefer to pre-process their images in Photoshop etc, and we will of course support that, too.

If for any reason, uploading high-resolution pictures straight from your camera isn't your preferred option, feel free to resize and format images yourself before uploading. A useful hint might be is to resize to 1600px across. This is a "native" resolution of iModeler and whenever you provide an image of such resolution, iModeler will just accept the image as-is, giving you 100% contol over the result.

1280px works too, but I would not recommend going lower than that - higher-resolution images are almost always better for the viewing experience.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

thanks @editor. I am a keen photographer and resize all my pictures for whatever purpose anyway, so that will remain my preferred way. I have never owned a smartphone or ipad and most likely never will as I am an hopeless dinosaur 🙂

I shall consider 1600 instead of 1200, but for in-progress topics it is OK with small size for me. Another problem that may be found elsewhere in the big world is speed, so big size pictures of 5000 pixels or more may be clogging up the connection (I live with copper still - fiber may be coming one day)

Enough from me for now - I am very pleased with the site and the excellent service it offers, and the happy bunch of modelers here. Keep up the great work!

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Yes, there’s no denying that pre-resized files will upload more quickly and therefore also with lower risk wrt any connectivity problems.