[Discussion] iModeler live chat?

Started by Dmitry Stropalov · 5 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Time flies. Next year it will be 10 years since I joined the iModeler community, and a lot has changed in that decade. Not everything for the better, unfortunately, but some things are definitely good. One of those things is group chat. IRC, Jabber conferences and so on have always been around somewhere, but now it's much easier to join and use these technologies. So the question is - would anyone like to chat online with fellow iModelers about random modelling topics? I think we all have some little things in our lives that are too small to put in the article or post, but good enough to drop a message with a photo from your phone like "what do you think of this kit?" It's not a replacement for the forum we have here, just another way of communicating and sharing the fun and joy of our hobby. Technically it could be anything - FB Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram or even Slack. What do you think?

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent question. I'll be the replies it with interest - from the point of view of introducing live chat(s) directly at iModeler, an idea that I'd be prepared to explore...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Sounds like a very interesting idea, Dmitry @starfar.
    Personally I'm not really into those live chat things, but I can imagine it will definitely help some on short questions like the examples you gave.

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

from the point of view of introducing live chat(s) directly at iModeler

Yeah, I think this would work as well.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Sounds an interesting idea, offering "nice to have" possibilities.