[Solved] How do I delete redundant posts?

Started by Colin Gomez · 5 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Can anyone tell me how to delete extra copies of the same post? I had technical problems in the WIP Group and tried posting numerous times with no result, followed by all my efforts getting posted all at once after 20 minutes or so. I want to delete the extra posts but can't figure out how. Thanks.

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 2 years, 9 months ago:

I you're an author of a post and you're logged in, there will be a [DELETE TOPIC] button at the bottom of your forum post.

I can do the cleanup for you 🙂

• Profile Photo

All done :). But also, I would like to kindly ask for a description what happened during your posting - so that we can trace any outstanding bugs.

PS. I reckon that you've had some trouble getting the pictures to upload/post, please keep me post-ed 😉

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Thank you! The first time I tried to post the completed entry, I got a "Bad Request" 400(?) screen. I then went back with the back arrow and tried again. This time no error message but nothing posted even after the system seemed to be processing something. It just stayed on the "post reply" button screen. I tried numerous times with the same result. Finally, I copied the text of my message into a buffer and refreshed the screen. I saw that the message HAD posted after all but with pics missing. I edited it and added the pics again, remembering their correct order. All was well and I left for lunch, returning 20 minutes later to find all the old posts had appeared one after the other, with pics ( I think). I hope that's clear. I seldom have problems posting, BTW, and I don't think its my Internet connection - but who knows?.

• Profile Photo

Thank you for the info, very useful.