iModeler update: @mentions functionality restored

Started by Site Administrator · 3 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Yesterday we have deployed a fix to the previously broken @mentions function.

Mentions give the ability to refer to a user in your post by typing @ and his/her user id, for example @editor or @admin. Whenever you do it in a post or comment, the system will automatically notify the referred user that he has been mentioned in a post, inviting him to have a look at it.

Mentions are a great way to respond to someone in public but ensuring that the response actually reaches the intended recipient. They are also great to give personal credit to someone in a post.

The entire flow of this function has been revised and improved, so there are new reasons to give it a try if you haven't.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 11 months ago:

That's a neat idea. I didn't even KNOW there was an (@editor) function previously. I also see that the "add friend", etc. boxes are back - that makes it a lot easier as well. Thank you for all you do.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks for the mention. I'll respond @craigindaytona to demonstrate how this works on your end